Modernize Your Data Architecture
There is no shortage of data in your organization. Applications, edge devices, web logs, and sensors all generate data that can be used to help you make better decisions. Don’t forget about the value locked up in departmental data silos, spreadsheets, hand-written records, and public third-party sources.
With traditional data architectures, all this information is trapped in databases that don’t talk to each other and are difficult to access. Poor data availability slows the democratization of insights and prevents you from deploying AI applications throughout your organization. It also results in shadow IT with unmonitored use of corporate data assets. Your data must be available to any person with the appropriate permissions from any department in your company.
In order to stay competitive, businesses need a modern data architecture that based on the following concepts:
- Hybrid or cloud-based
- Virtualization (not federation)
- Providing a single view of all of your data and eliminating silos
- Leveraging the latest Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies to auto-discover and prepare all of your data
A modern data architecture lets you analyze the data across all of your sources and multi-cloud, multi-vendor environments. A data fabric decreases the time to insight while reducing risk and cost:
- Leverage 100% of your data without moving it: spend more time exploring data for insights instead of searching for data.
- Automate data engineering tasks: optimize the delivery of trusted data to support real-time analytics and AI applications.
- Compliance with governance regulations: Apply policies and enforce standards across all of your data to enable self-service data consumption and collaboration.